Work for us!
Ideas are worthless if you can’t make them happen. As the founder and CEO of Sperber Companies, we are a company on a mission to empower and organize the creative world in landscape. We build our company by harnessing productive and talented individuals that want to change the world. We believe today more than ever, creative minds have the opportunity to solve problems and generate great ideas. That’s why at Sperber we give our people the capacity to make ideas happen. If this excites and describes you, then we’d like to hear from you.
ESTIMATOR - PURCHASER
Sperber Landscape Companies is a well-respected growing organization that provides Commercial Landscape Maintenance and Installation Services to some of the world’s finest resorts, corporate campuses, sports venues, museums and residential communities.
We are seeking a Senior Estimator / Purchasing Coordinator to support our business development and project related needs. The successful candidate must have Landscape Construction experience, specifically estimating project cost, purchasing and coordination of deliveries of plant materials, irrigation materials, site furnishings, and dry goods. Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with landscape architects, customers and vendors is an important quality for this position.
This position will be located in Calabasas, CA
Responsibilities – Senior Estimator
- Review plans and prepare bid information
- Utilize On-screen takeoff software for quantity takeoff
- Gather, calculate, and compile take off data for use in project estimates
- Work closely with business development on project pursuits
- Analyze drawings, specifications, and RFPs received from various clients
- Attend pre-bid meetings and bid walks
- Solicit subcontractor bids and vendors/supplier quotes
- Define and outline risks, opportunities and challenges for each project bid
- Meet critical deadlines
Responsibilities – Purchasing Coordinator
- Send RFQ to vendors
- Input vendor’s pricing in Master Buyout Sheets
- Issue all master PO’s for all jobs
- Handle all day-to-day purchasing from field for all jobs and issue new PO’s from masters.
- Coordinate all deliveries to the field and log in delivery calendar
- Check submittals and cross reference to make sure material is correct and approved
- Research and purchase all plant material, irrigation materials and/or dry goods
- Perform other production department tasks as needed
- College degree in landscape related field a plus
- 5-7 years estimating/purchasing experience (preferably in landscape)
- Knowledge of plant materials in multiple markets / climate zones
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly analytical and excellent mathematical skills
- Strong organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, OST, HCSS a plus
- Ability to function quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative team effort
Compensation Commensurate with Qualifications
Project Engineer - Landscape Construction
Sperber Landscape Companies, Hawaii is a well-respected and growing organization that provides Commercial Landscape Maintenance and Installation Services to some of the world’s finest resorts, corporate campuses, sports arenas, museums, and residential HOA’s.
We are seeking a project-based Project Engineer for our Installation/Construction division. As Project Engineer, you will report to the Project Manager/Estimator, you will be responsible for assisting with estimating and project management for project specific construction services.
- Support project managers and estimators
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, and other documentation
- Communicate with vendors, owners, general contractors and sub-contractors
Process, send out,and collect quote requests for materials and sub-contractors
- Track plan revisions and RFQ’s during the estimating process
- Finalize and submit proposals with information from estimators
- Maintain close communication with clients during the follow-up period
- Review and become familiar with contracts, plans and scope of work for new projects
- Assist in
submittalprocess: collect information, document, submit and revise
- Communicate with field team for scheduling, job costing and material ordering
- Assist with the preparation and track all RFI’s, submittals, bulletins, and change requests
- Attend job site meetings and walkthroughs with architects, clients, and subcontractors
- Assist in project closeout; collecting information from field employees, developing closeout submittals, coordinating with maintenance department and furnishing as-builts
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Knowledge and experience in Commercial Sitework Construction
- 3 years experience
- Strong computer skills – Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail oriented, organized and customer service focused
- Ability to handle unexpected projects and a demonstrated willingness to help others
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Overtime hours may be required at times to fulfill job responsibilities
- May be required to be physically capable of various tasks related to a construction environment
- May be required to stoop, bend, stand, or sit for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices on a daily basis
Job Type: Project Based (Estimated 1-year project cycle)
Project Location: Hawaii
Compensation: Commiserate with Qualifications
Please note: Any offer of employment will be dependent upon the ability to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S., and to pass both a background check and drug test.
Director of M & A
Sperber Landscape Companies is a well-respected and rapidly growing start-up that provides Commercial Landscape Maintenance and Installation Services to some of the world’s finest resorts, corporate campuses, and residential HOA’s.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Sperber Landscape Companies is looking for an experienced candidate to head their M&A team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving the growth of the organization through an active mergers and acquisitions program. The ideal candidate will be able to execute all aspects of strategic acquisitions and joint ventures from inception through closing and into integration. This is an excellent opportunity to join Sperber Landscape Companies at the ground level. Please note that this position requires heavy travel.
- Identify potential target companies through industry research and actionable awareness of all competitive players nationwide.
- Analysis and valuation of potential target companies through standardized evaluation practices and consistent use of financial modeling.
- Negotiation of transaction terms and conditions.
- Engagement with business intermediaries, sellers, internal business owners, key stakeholders and other support personnel.
- Evaluate companies for financial, operational and strategic fit and the impact of the potential transaction on business strategy.
- Execute and coordinate due diligence, valuation, negotiation, closing and integration, and coordinate internal approval and communication processes for completion of a transaction.
- Prepare presentations on deal risk, returns and final recommendations to management for review and consideration.
- Manage cross-functional teams consisting of members of various business leads, finance, legal, HR, IT, etc. in order to ensure timely completion of valuations, diligence and integration planning.
- Secure and manage analysts that perform due diligence on various aspects of the transaction.
- Review work of analysts.
- Advise and manage communication to management and investors on all current and potential M&A activity and on financial risks/returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or similar field
- M&A experience in a commercial landscape/construction or similar field
- MBA preferred
Job Type: Salaried