Work for us!
Ideas are worthless if you can’t make them happen. As the founder and CEO of Sperber Companies, we are a company on a mission to empower and organize the creative world in landscape. We build our company by harnessing productive and talented individuals that want to change the world. We believe today more than ever, creative minds have the opportunity to solve problems and generate great ideas. That’s why at Sperber we give our people the capacity to make ideas happen. If this excites and describes you, then we’d like to hear from you.
ESTIMATOR - PURCHASER
Sperber Landscape Companies is a well-respected growing organization that provides Commercial Landscape Maintenance and Installation Services to some of the world’s finest resorts, corporate campuses, sports venues, museums and residential communities.
We are seeking a Senior Estimator / Purchasing Coordinator to support our business development and project related needs. The successful candidate must have Landscape Construction experience, specifically estimating project cost, purchasing and coordination of deliveries of plant materials, irrigation materials, site furnishings, and dry goods. Ability to create and maintain strong relationships with landscape architects, customers and vendors is an important quality for this position.
This position will be located in Calabasas, CA
Responsibilities – Senior Estimator
- Review plans and prepare bid information
- Utilize On-screen takeoff software for quantity takeoff
- Gather, calculate, and compile take off data for use in project estimates
- Work closely with business development on project pursuits
- Analyze drawings, specifications, and RFPs received from various clients
- Attend pre-bid meetings and bid walks
- Solicit subcontractor bids and vendors/supplier quotes
- Define and outline risks, opportunities and challenges for each project bid
- Meet critical deadlines
Responsibilities – Purchasing Coordinator
- Send RFQ to vendors
- Input vendor’s pricing in Master Buyout Sheets
- Issue all master PO’s for all jobs
- Handle all day-to-day purchasing from field for all jobs and issue new PO’s from masters.
- Coordinate all deliveries to the field and log in delivery calendar
- Check submittals and cross reference to make sure material is correct and approved
- Research and purchase all plant material, irrigation materials and/or dry goods
- Perform other production department tasks as needed
- College degree in landscape related field a plus
- 5-7 years estimating/purchasing experience (preferably in landscape)
- Knowledge of plant materials in multiple markets / climate zones
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly analytical and excellent mathematical skills
- Strong organization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, OST, HCSS a plus
- Ability to function quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative team effort
Compensation Commensurate with Qualifications
Project Engineer - Landscape Construction
Sperber Landscape Companies, Hawaii is a well-respected and growing organization that provides Commercial Landscape Maintenance and Installation Services to some of the world’s finest resorts, corporate campuses, sports arenas, museums, and residential HOA’s.
We are seeking a project-based Project Engineer for our Installation/Construction division. As Project Engineer, you will report to the Project Manager/Estimator, you will be responsible for assisting with estimating and project management for project specific construction services.
- Support project managers and estimators
- Analyzes blueprints, specifications, and other documentation
- Communicate with vendors, owners, general contractors and sub-contractors
Process, send out,and collect quote requests for materials and sub-contractors
- Track plan revisions and RFQ’s during the estimating process
- Finalize and submit proposals with information from estimators
- Maintain close communication with clients during the follow-up period
- Review and become familiar with contracts, plans and scope of work for new projects
- Assist in
submittalprocess: collect information, document, submit and revise
- Communicate with field team for scheduling, job costing and material ordering
- Assist with the preparation and track all RFI’s, submittals, bulletins, and change requests
- Attend job site meetings and walkthroughs with architects, clients, and subcontractors
- Assist in project closeout; collecting information from field employees, developing closeout submittals, coordinating with maintenance department and furnishing as-builts
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Knowledge and experience in Commercial Sitework Construction
- 3 years experience
- Strong computer skills – Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail oriented, organized and customer service focused
- Ability to handle unexpected projects and a demonstrated willingness to help others
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Overtime hours may be required at times to fulfill job responsibilities
- May be required to be physically capable of various tasks related to a construction environment
- May be required to stoop, bend, stand, or sit for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices on a daily basis
Job Type: Project Based (Estimated 1-year project cycle)
Project Location: Hawaii
Compensation: Commensurate with Qualifications
Please note: Any offer of employment will be dependent upon the ability to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S., and to pass both a background check and drug test.
COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION PRoject Manager
Sperber Landscape Companies is a well-respected and rapidly growing company that provides Commercial Landscape Maintenance and Construction Services to some of the world’s finest resorts, corporate campuses, and residential HOA’s. We are currently seeking a qualified candidates for an immediate career opportunity to act as a Project Manager specializing in Commercial Construction for a resort project on the Big Island of Hawaii.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management of all commercial construction related activities, with an immediate emphasis on the build-out of a high-end commercial kitchen. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: negotiating subcontracts, interfacing with clients, design team, and all applicable entities; maintaining schedules; managing and assisting superintendents; maintaining proper project documentation, cost controls and quality of work. The position requires a minimum 5 years of experience managing commercial kitchen construction.
- Manage Contractor on-site construction activities as the designated Project Manager.
- Report to Project Team on all elements of risk associated with scope, schedule, and budget.
- Monitor daily work activities of the Contractor to ensure proper adherence to job site safety policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Contractor to maintain the project schedule in an attempt to avoid potential delays, achieve milestones and meet completion dates.
- Develop and evaluate project schedules.
- Direct the work of employees and /or subcontractors assigned to the project.
- Manage meetings and correspondence with customers.
- Participate with the project team to ensure timely coordination of submittals, requests for information (RFI’s) and plan revisions.
- Participate in value engineering alternative solutions with Owner, Designer, and Contractor
- Monitor and inspect work progress for quality control and quality assurance; identify and resolve problem issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in weekly progress meetings; review pay applications; review and resolve change order requests; assist with closeout/turnover activities.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum (5) years field construction experience working as a Project Manager
- Commercial Kitchen Construction: 5 years
- Knowledgeable in general building and site/civil construction
- Knowledge of reading project plans and specifications
- Past experience working on large construction projects
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other basic computer skills
- Full-time/Project Based
Please submit your resume and qualifications through our company website: https://sperbercompanies.com/careers/
SENIOR M & A Analyst
Sperber Landscape Companies is a well-respected and rapidly growing start-up that provides Commercial Landscape Maintenance and Installation Services to some of the world’s finest resorts, corporate campuses, and residential HOA’s.
Job Description & Responsibilities
Sperber Landscape Companies, LLC (SLC) is seeking an M&A Analyst to join its team. SLC is pursuing a strategy to grow via a combination of acquisitions and organic growth initiatives.
Reporting directly to the Head of Mergers and Acquisitions, the Analyst will be an integral part of the growth of the Company. The Analyst will support the financial analysis of new partnerships, including initial data analysis, follow up diligence coordination, pre-closing financial projects, and post-close analysis, ensuring a thorough and detailed review and understanding of the financial profile of a new partnership.
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Review, analyze, and present financial summaries of potential target partnerships
- Assist with the due diligence process, including the construction of investment committee approval memorandums and financial models
- Effectively generate and communicate financial analysis in an efficient and timely manner
- Assist in the management of SLC’s pipeline of potential acquisitions
- Support SLC’s integration team to ensure smooth integrations of targets
- Constantly evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve efficiency
- Maintain honest and ethical conduct at all times
- BA/BS degree from a four-year college or university with a concentration in either Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience in a financial analysis or business valuation position; prior experience in mergers and acquisitions a plus
- Ability to understand and analyze financial statements
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an outgoing and highly motivated personality
- Ability to work in autonomous, fast moving environment
- Ability to analyze and problem solve strategically